- Serves: 6
- Cook Time: 5 minutes
- Prep Time: 20 minutes plus chilling
- Effort: medium
- 85 g oatmeal
- 3 tbsp whiskey
- 600 ml double cream
- 85 g caster sugar
- 450 g raspberries
1. Spread out the oatmeal on a baking tray and toast briefly under the grill, taking care not to burn it. Remove and, while still warm, sprinkle over the whisky and leave to stand for 10 minutes.
2. While the oatmeal is absorbing the whisky, whip the double cream, adding the caster sugar as the cream starts to stiffen. Continue to whisk until soft peaks form, but be careful not to over-whisk, or the cream will separate.
3. Fold the oatmeal into the cream. Spoon the mixture into large wine glasses.
4. Divide the raspberries between the glasses, sitting them on top of the cream. Chill for 30 minutes to firm up before serving.
Rate This Recipe