- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 1 small pumpkin, (about 1 kg)
- 1 white onion, roughly chopped
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 sprigs rosemary
- 2 tbsp clear honey
- 3 tbsp virgin olive oil
- 500 ml chicken stock
- 1 glasses dry white wine
- 150 ml double cream
- 1 lemon, juice only
- double cream, whipped
- cracked black pepper, to serve
1. Preheat the oven to 220C/200C fan/gas 7.
2. Peel the pumpkin and scoop out the seeds. Dice the flesh into large cubes and put in a roasting tray. Scatter around the chopped onion and garlic and tuck in the rosemary sprigs.
3. Drizzle over the honey and olive oil and roast in the oven for 30-40 minutes, or until the pumpkin is tender and golden. Baste half way through to stop the honey catching on the bottom of the tray.
4. Meanwhile bring the stock to the boil. When the vegetables are cooked, put in a blender with the hot liquid and white wine. Blend until smooth before adding the cream and lemon juice, then return to the pan
5. To serve: Ladle the soup into bowls and put a spoonful of whipped double cream in the middle of each bowl, topped with a pinch of cracked black pepper.
Got a pumpkin? Take a look at our top 10 pumpkin recipes while they're in season.
Rate This Recipe