- Serves: 4-6
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Prep Time: 30 minutes plus 1 hr chilling
- Effort: medium
For the sweet pastry case:
- 250 g plain flour
- 100 g unsalted butter
- 100 g icing sugar
- 2 medium eggs
- 4 drops vanilla extract
For the filling:
- 200 g butter
- 300 g dark chocolate
- 60 g caster sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 egg yolks
- 400 g thick-cut marmalade
1. First make the sweet pastry case. Place the flour and butter in a food processor and process until thoroughly blended.
2. Sift in the icing sugar and mix thoroughly.
3. Beat the eggs and vanilla extract together and add this to the pastry mix. Bring the pastry together, wrap it in cling film and allow it to rest in the refrigerator for 1 hour.
4. Roll out the pastry and use it to line a loose-based 20cm tart ring. Line with baking parchment, fill with baking beans and bake blind for fifteen to twenty minutes. Remove from the oven and allow to cool.
5. Preheat the oven to 170ºC/gas 3.
6. Prepare the filling. Melt the butter and chocolate together in a bowl suspended over a saucepan of simmering water.
7. In a mixing bowl, whisk the sugar, whole eggs, extra egg yolks together using a hand blender.
8. Fold the whisked egg mixture into the chocolate mixture.
9. Spoon the marmalade into the pastry case and spread out. Pour over the chocolate mix and bake for fifteen minutes.
10. Remove the tart from the oven and allow it to cool.
11. Slice it with a hot knife. Serve each slice with a dollop of marscapone.
Rate This Recipe