- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 2 eggs
- black pepper
- 100 g parmesan, freshly grated
- 2 large aubergines
- 100g-150g dried breadcrumbs or finely crushed cornflakes
- 300 ml olive oil
- 1 lemon, cut into wedges to garnish
1. Break the eggs into a large bowl. Beat together and season with salt and freshly ground pepper. Mix in the ground Parmesan.
2. Layer the breadcrumbs on a plate.
3. Dip each aubergine slice into the beaten egg, then coat the aubergine in the breadcrumbs.
4. In a large, deep frying pan heat the olive oil until very hot. Add 2 aubergine slices at a time and fry until the aubergine in golden-brown on both sides.
5. Drain the fried aubergine slices on kitchen paper and serve at once with the lemon wedges.
Rate This Recipe