- Serves: Makes 6 pancakes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 900 g sweet potatoes, finely grated
- 1 small coconut, finely grated
- 55 g plain flour
- 85 g caster sugar
- ¼ tsp grated nutmeg
- ¼ tsp ground cinnamon
- 30 g softened butter
Tips and Suggestions
ducana is a perfect match for pineapple salad. Its a good idea to drizzle over some of the syrup from the pineapple before serving.
1. Mix the sweet potato, coconut, flour, sugar and spices in a large bowl. Stir in the butter to make a sticky paste.
2. Lay out a piece of tin foil on a work surface and tip enough mixture to make a rectangle about 5cm by 3cm, and 2cm high. Wrap the tin foil around it to create a sealed packet. Repeat with the remaining mixture.
3. Bring a large pan of water to the boil. Carefully drop the ducana parcels into the water and cook for 15 minutes.
4. Remove from the pan and unwrap before serving.
Rate This Recipe