- Serves: 12
- Cook Time: 35 minutes plus cooling time
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 375 g self-raising flour, sifted
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 200 g caster sugar
- 125 ml vegetable oil
- 1 egg
- 125 ml milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 300 g blueberries, fresh or frozen
- granulated sugar, for sprinkling
1. Preheat oven to 180C/160C fan/gas 4.
2. Place the flour, baking powder and sugar in a bowl. Place the oil, egg, milk and vanilla in a separate bowl and whisk to combine. Pour the liquid ingredients into the dry ingredients and mix until just combined. Add the blueberries and mix to combine.
3. Spoon mixture into a 12-hole 125ml capacity muffin tin lined with paper patty cases. Sprinkle the tops with sugar and bake for 3035 minutes or until cooked when tested with a skewer. Remove from tin and cool on a wire rack.
For more Donna Hay recipes and to view her range of cookery books, visit Donna Hay's website
Rate This Recipe