- Serves: 6
- Cook Time: 45 minutes
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 200 g dry cured streaky bacon, finely chopped
- 2 large skinless chicken breasts, chopped
- 150 g petit pois, frozen
- 150 ml chicken stock
- 150 ml double cream
- 50 g parmesan, grated
- 320 g all butter puff pastry, at room temperature
- 1 egg, beaten, for glazing
Tips and Suggestions
Swap the peas or petit pois for shelled broad beans, or small cubes of courgette.
You can also use chicken thighs in place of chicken breasts.
1. Preheat the oven to 200C/180C fan/gas 6. Fry the streaky bacon in a large pan until crispy. Add the chicken pieces and fry until golden all over around five minutes.
2. Add in the peas, stir, and add in the chicken stock. Simmer for a few minutes until some of the stock has reduced. Stir in the double cream and parmesan cheese. Season well with freshly ground black pepper and let it simmer for five minutes. Set the filling to one side to cool down a little.
3. Spoon the cooled filling into a 20cm round pie dish. Roll out the pastry and then carefully place it over the filling onto the pie dish, trimming around any excess pastry from the edge. Press the edges down gently and then brush the top with egg. Make a small hole in the centre to allow the air to escape.
4. Bake the pie in the oven for 25-30 minutes, until golden and serve.
Want to see more? Take a look at lots more of our favourite pie recipes.
Rate This Recipe