- Cook Time:
- Prep Time:
- Effort: easy
- ½ a 375g ready rolled puff pastry
- 2x200 g salmon fillets, look for Freedom Food labelled
- 4-5 tbsp double cream
- 75 g cream cheese
- ½ lemons, juice only
- 1 tbsp pesto sauce
- 1 tbsp olive oil
1. Pre heat oven to 220C/200C fan/gas 7
2. Unroll the puff pastry and cut out two oblong shapes that are slightly bigger than your chosen pieces of salmon. Place on a non-stick baking sheet and score gently using the tip of a sharp knife. Brush with the beaten egg. Bake in the oven for 6 -8 minutes or until risen and golden brown. Set aside.
3. Put the cream, cream cheese in a small saucepan and heat over a low heat. Add the lemon juice and pesto sauce and beat until smooth.
4. Reduce the oven temperature to 200C/180C fan/gas 6.
5. Season the salmon with salt and pepper. Heat a frying pan and add the oil. Cook the fish for 3-4 minutes on each side. Place the salmon on a baking sheet and cook in the oven for a further 6-10 minutes.
6. place the salmon on a plate, pour the sauce over the salmon and top each one with an oblong of cooked pastry. Serve with potatoes and vegetables we suggest crushed potatoes, asparagus and broad beans and mange tout.
Rate This Recipe