- Serves: Makes 32 sandwiches
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 3 eggs, finely chopped and mashed
- 4 tbsp salad cream
- 2 handfuls cress, or chopped watercress
- 16 slices bread, firm white or firm whole wheat cut into thin slices, crusts removed
Tips and Suggestions
Allow the eggs to sit at room temperature before boiling because if they are plunged into hot water straight from the fridge they can crack.
1. Boil eggs for 7 minutes until hard boiled.
2. Mix the eggs and salad cream together and season to taste.
3. Add in the cress and mix together then spread over one slice of bread. Add the top slice and serve.
Get more recipes, step-by-step guides and nutritional information from The Flour Advisory Bureau.
Want more bread-making ideas? Take a look at our best bread recipes.
Rate This Recipe