- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 1 packets dried egg noodles
- 1 tbsp groundnut oil
- 4 cloves garlic, finely sliced
- 5 cm piece fresh ginger, cut into long thin strips
- 200 g Tiger prawns
- 4 spring onions, sliced diagonally
- 2 large red chillies, cut into long thin strips
- 2 tbsp rice wine vinegar
- 1/2 chicken or vegetable stock cube, dissolved in 4 tbsp boiling water, optional
- 1 lime, juice only
- 4 tbsp oyster sauce
- 4 tbsp cashew nuts
- 2 tbsp roughly chopped coriander
1. Soak the noodles in boiling water for 10 minutes or according to packet instructions. Drain well.
2. Heat a large wok over a high heat. As soon as it starts to smoke add the oil, garlic, ginger, prawns, spring onions and chilli and stir-fry for 3-4 minutes.
3. Tip in the noodles, rice wine vinegar and stock, if using, and stir-fry for 2-3 minutes.
4. Finally add the lime juice and oyster sauce and toss together. Scatter over the coriander and cashew nuts and serve.
Rate This Recipe