- Serves: 6
- Cook Time: 1 hour 45 minutes
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Effort: medium
- 3 egg whites
- 175 g caster sugar
- 600 ml double cream, whisked until stiff
- 700 g strawberries, hulled and sliced
Tips and Suggestions
To make a dessert called Whim Wham substitute raspberries for the strawberries.
1. Preheat the oven to 100C/gas 1/4
2. Line 2 baking trays with non-stick baking parchment.
3. Whisk together the egg whites and sugar in a bowl set over a bain marie (pan of gently simmering water) until the mix forms a thick trail when the whisk is removed.
4. Remove the bowl from the bain marie, and continue to whisk for about 2 minutes or until the mixture has cooled down significantly.
5. Using 2 spoons, spoon 6 meringues onto baking trays lined with non-stick baking parchment.
6. Bake for 1 hour 45 minutes until dry and crisp. Remove from the oven and leave to cool.
7. When cold, roughly crush the meringues, combine with the strawberries and cream, and pile in a serving bowl.
Rate This Recipe