- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 100 g farro, (pearled spelt)
- 100 g chickpeas
- 100 g lentils
- 100 g pearl barley
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil, plus extra for drizzling
- 2 onions, finely chopped
- 2 carrots, finely chopped
- 1 bunches parsley, finely chopped
1. Cook the farro, chickpeas, lentils and pearl barley in a pot of boiling unsalted water, according to cooking times on the packets. Drain, and set aside.
2. Heat the oil in a saucepan and lightly fry the onions and carrots until the onions are translucent.
3. Add the pulses, and enough water or stock to make it as thick or as thin as you prefer. Bring to the boil, then season well with salt and pepper.
4. Pour into serving bowls. sprinkle over the chopped parsley and drizzle over some olive oil.
Rate This Recipe