- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 6 minutes
- Prep Time: 10 minutes plus 2 hrs marinating
- Effort: easy
- 4 partridge, pheasant or guinea fowl breasts
- ½ papaya, cubed
- handful of mixed fresh herbs, finely chopped
- 6 tbsp olive oil
- 4 rashers of streaky bacon, thinly sliced
- 2 carrots, finely chopped
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 stick celery
- 300 ml chicken stock
1. Lay the breasts in a shallow dish and scatter over the papaya and herbs. Drizzle with 2 tablespoons of the olive oil and leave to marinate in a cool place for at least 1-2 hours.
2. When you are ready to cook the breasts, set the oven to 170°C/gas 3. Heat the remaining olive oil in a frying pan over a medium heat. Remove the breasts from the marinade and fry the breasts for 1 minute on each side. Lift them out and transfer to an ovenproof casserole dish.
3. Add the bacon to the pan, together with the carrot, onion and celery. Cook for 3-4 minutes and then spoon the mixture over the breasts in the casserole dish.
4. Pour over the chicken stock, cover the dish and transfer to the oven. Cook for 1 hour. Serve with fried spinach and roast potatoes.
Rate This Recipe