- Serves: 6
- Prep Time: 20 minutes plus 12 hrs to marinate
- Effort: easy
- 20 vine tomatoes, over-ripe and roughly chopped
- 2 cucumber, peeled, seeds removed and chopped
- 1 red onion, chopped
- 20 piquillo wood-roast peppers, chopped
- 8 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 stale ciabatta bread, crust removed, cut into small chunks
- 300 ml tomato passata, or rich tomato juice
- 1 red chilli, seeds removed and finely chopped
- 300 ml extra virgin olive oil
- 1 generous tbsp sherry vinegar
- 1 large cock crab, cooked
- still mineral water, as necessary
- salt and black pepper, to taste
- crushed ice cubes
- tiny croutons
- cucumber, peeled and diced
- extra virgin olive oil
- flat leaf parsley, chopped
1. Combine the tomatoes, cucumbers, onion, peppers, garlic, ciabatta, passata, chilli, olive oil, sherry vinegar and allow the flavours to marinate together for 12 hours.
2. Take the crab and crack it open. Separate the brown meat and juices and the white meat, and check both thoroughly for any bits of shell.
3. Combine the gazpacho mixture in a blender, adding the brown crab and juices, and adding the still mineral water to reach your preferred consistency. Check the seasoning and pass through a conical strainer.
4. Serve with a little crushed ice, croutons, cucumber dice, the fresh white crab meat, a drizzle of olive oil and a sprinkling of parsley.
Rate This Recipe