- Serves: 6
- Cook Time: 10 minutes plus steeping time
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Effort: easy
For the noodles
- 300 g green beans, stalk ends trimmed
- 250 g rice stick noodles
- 80 g roasted peanuts, roughly chopped
- 3 tbsp roughly chopped coriander
- 1 tbsp sesame seeds, toasted
- 200 g bean sprouts
- wedges of limes, to serve
For the dressing
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 2 tbsp grapeseed or other neutral oil
- 2 tsp fish sauce
1. For the noodles: cut the beans in half and boil them in salted water for 3 minutes. Refresh in cold water to retain their crunch and bright green colour.
2. Drop the rice noodles into a large pot of boiling water. Remove the pot from the heat immediately and leave to stand for 10 minutes or longer. Drain the noodles then rinse in cold water.
3. Put the beans and cooked, drained noodles in a large serving bowl with the roasted peanuts, coriander, sesame seeds and bean sprouts.
4. For the dressing: put the sesame oil, neutral oil and fish sauce in a jar and shake to combine. Toss the dressing through the noodles and season to taste with salt and pepper.
5. Serve as a salad at room temperature or toss in a hot pan for 2-3 minutes for a stir-fry side dish to serve with meats. Garnish with lime wedges.
Rate This Recipe