- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 2 hours 5 minutes
- Prep Time: 25 minutes plus overnight soaking
- Effort: easy
- 200g dried chickpeas, soaked overnight
- 20 ml water
- juice of 1 lemons
- 1 small, chillies, seeded and finely chopped
- 1 large red onion, thinly chopped
- 80 ml extra virgin olive oil
- black pepper
- 1 large courgette, thinly sliced
- 1 small bunch of flat leaf parsley, leaves picked from the stalks, half fried, half sliced
- groundnut oil, for grilling
- 12 cooked artichoke hearts, halved
- 12 sun-blushed tomatoes
- 1 bunch of watercress, stalks trimmed
- 100 g parmesan, haved with a vegetable peeler
1. Drain the chick peas. Place in a large saucepan, cover generously with water, bring to the boil, reduce the heat and simmer for 1-2 hours until the chick peas are tender; drain.
2. In a medium bowl, mix together the water, lemon juice, chilli, red onion and olive oil. Season lightly with salt and freshly ground pepper.
3. Mix half of this chilli dressing with the warm chick peas and the remaining half with the sliced courgette. Sprinkle over the sliced flat leaf parsley and set aside.
4. Brush a grill pan with groundnut oil and grill the cooked artichokes for 1 minute each side. Add the sunblush tomatoes halfway through the cooking.
5. Spread the marinated courgettes around the bases of four deep plates, sprinkle over the chickpeas and keep any of the marinade remaining in the bowl.
6. Toss the artichokes, the sunblush tomatoes and the watercress in the remaining marinade and spread them all across the top of the salad.
7. Top the salad with the shaved parmesan and garnish with the fried parsley. Serve.
Rate This Recipe