- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 whole chillies
- 1 small cinnamon stick
- 100 g dark chocolate, broken into squares
- 2 tbsp milk
- 4 ripe bananas
- vanilla ice cream
1. Place the butter, chilli and cinnamon in a small, heavy-based saucepan and cook over the barbecue.
2. Once the mixture is smoking slightly, add the chocolate and milk. Cook, stirring, until the chocolate melts. Remove and discard the chilli and cinnamon.
3. Peel the bananas and cut a slash in the side of each banana. Place the bananas on a large square of tin foil. Fill each banana cavity with the chocolate mixture, then wrap the foil up over the bananas.
4. Bake the foil-wrapped bananas on the barbecue for 5 minutes on each side.
5. Serve warm from the barbecue with sugar and vanilla ice cream.
Rate This Recipe