- Serves: Makes about 1kg stuffing
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 1 tbsp butter
- 250 g chestnut purée
- 225 g rashers of smoked streaky bacon, chopped
- 225 g dried apricots, chopped
- 55 g fresh white breadcrumbs
- 2 tbsp chopped sage
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 haggis, cut open, stuffing scooped out, skin discarded
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 apple
- 3 tbsp whiskey
1. Melt the butter in a large, heavy-based frying pan.
2. Add the diced onion and fry gently for 5 minutes, until softened. Set aside to cool.
3. Meanwhile, set the apricots to soak in the whisky.
4. Mix together the cooled onion, soaked apricots plus the whisky, chestnut purée, bacon, breadcrumbs, sage, sugar, yolks, haggis stuffing, paprika and apple, mixing well.
5. Stuff your turkey in the usual way, or bake the mixture in a large, greased baking dish or tin for 30-45 minutes.
Rate This Recipe