- Serves: 4-6
- Cook Time:
- Prep Time: 20 minutes plus chilling
- Effort: easy
- 1.2 kg ripe or overripe tomatoes, roughly chopped
- 1 stick celery
- small bunch of fresh coriander, stems removed, leaves roughly chopped
- sprigs of thyme, flat-leafed parsley and rosemary, stems removed
- 1 tsp freshly grated horseradish
- 1 tsp grated onions
- juice of 2 lemons
- pinch of sugar
- few drops of tabasco
- few drops of Worcestershire sauce
- chilled vodka
1. Put all the ingredients, except the vodka, in a food processor. Whizz to a purée for 1-2 minutes.
2. Push as much of the purée as possible through a sieve, pushing down hard with the back of a wooden spoon.
3. Pour into a jug, adjust the seasoning, then chill.
4. Add to the jug as much vodka as you need for a suitably restorative hit.
5. Stir well, then pour into glasses.
Rate This Recipe