- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 45 minutes
- Prep Time: 30 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 4 tbsp vegetable oil
- 4 cloves
- 1/2 tsp black peppercorns
- 4 green cardamom, cracked open
- 2 brown cardamom pods, cracked open
- 1/2 tsp coriander seeds
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 3 red or green chillies, seeds removed, finely sliced
- 2 tsp ground coriander
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 4 cm piece root ginger, grated
- 6 cloves garlic, chopped
- 4 x 175g chicken breasts
- 2 onions, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp tomato purée
- 400 g tinned chopped tomatoes
- 1 glass white wine
- 3/4 tsp garam masala
- bunch of coriander, roughly chopped
1. Heat the vegetable oil in a large deep frying pan or wok over a high heat. Add the cloves, peppercorns, green cardamom, brown cardamom, coriander seeds and cumin seeds and fry for 30 seconds, stirring all the time. Stir in the sliced chillies, ground coriander, cumin, turmeric, ginger and garlic. Cook for 1 minute, stirring frequently.
2. Turn the heat down to medium and add the chicken. Stir well so that the meat gets coated in the spices. After 2-3 minutes, add the onions and tomato purée and stir again for a further 4-5 minutes.
3. Add the tinned tomatoes. Season, to taste, with salt and freshly ground black pepper. Stir in the white wine and simmer for 20-30 minutes.
4. Stir in the garam masala and simmer for a further 3-5 minutes. Taste and add more salt and freshly ground black pepper, if required
5. Remove the curry from the heat, stir in the chopped coriander leaves and leave for a few minutes. Serve with the boiled rice, naan bread and soured cream.
Rate This Recipe