- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 3 large parsnips, trimmed
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp blossom honey
- salt, and freshly ground black pepper
1. Cut each parsnip lengthways into four, cut out the core, then cut the quarters across, so that each parsnip yields 8 pieces.
2. Bring salted water to the boil in a large saucepan, add the parsnips and cook for 5 minutes. While the parsnips are cooking, fill a mixing bowl with cold water. Once the 5 minutes are up, plunge the parsnips into the cold water, then drain thoroughly.
3. Preheat the oven to 220C/200C fan/gas 7.
4. Coat the base of an ovenproof frying pan or heavy roasting pan with olive oil and place over medium-high heat. Add the parsnips, honey and seasoning and cook, stirring occasionally, until golden. Transfer the pan to the oven and bake for 5 minutes. Serve hot.
For more festive sides, take a look at our Christmas side dish recipes
Rate This Recipe