- Serves: 8-10
- Cook Time: 5 minutes
- Prep Time: 20 minutes plus overnight freezing and standing
- Effort: easy
- 1x450 g jar vegetarian suet-free mincemeat
- 3 tbsp rum
- 4 eggs, separated
- 300 ml double cream
- 100 g caster sugar
For the rum and raisin sauce
- 225 g granulated sugar
- 6 tbsp water
- 225 g raisins
- 75 ml rum
1. For the ice cream pudding: mix the mincemeat and rum together.
2. Place the egg yolks in a small bowl and mix until well blended.
3. Whisk the cream until it forms soft peaks.
4. Using an electric mixer, whisk the egg whites on fast speed until stiff, then gradually add the sugar a teaspoonful at a time, still on fast speed. You may need to scrape down the sides of the bowl from time to time.
5. Fold the egg yolks and cream into the meringue, followed by the brandy and mincemeat.
6. Turn the ice-cream mixture into a 2 litre pudding bowl, cover and freeze overnight.
7. For the rum and raisin sauce: heat the sugar and water in a medium pan, and stir over a low heat until the sugar is completely dissolved.
8. When the syrup is completely clear, stir in the raisins and continue to heat until they are hot. Remove the pan from the heat and add the rum. Set aside to cool.
9. Pour into two jars. Leave for at least 24 hours.
10. To serve: turn the pudding out; dip the basin in very hot water for a few moments and turn upside down on to a serving plate - just as you would with a jelly. Drizzle the sauce generously over the pudding.
Rate This Recipe