- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 50 minutes
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 large red onion, sliced
- 8-12 garlic and herb sausages
- 125 ml red wine
- 600 g packet shop-bought fresh Italian Bean soup
- 400g canned chopped Italian cherry tomatoes
- 1 tsp dried red chilli flakes
- 1 bunch of basil, leaves torn
- flakes sea salt, and freshly ground pepper
1. Heat the olive oil in a casserole dish, add in the red onion and fry gently for 5 minutes.
2. Add in the sausages and fry for 5-10 minutes, stirring often, until golden brown on all sides.
3. Increase the heat, pour in the wine and cook briskly until reduced by half.
4. Add the soup, canned tomatoes and chilli flakes and season with sea salt and freshly ground pepper.
5. Bring to the boil, reduce the heat and simmer for 20-30 minutes, or until it's thickened.
6. Stir in the basil and cook for a further 5 minutes.
Rate This Recipe