- Serves: 6
- Cook Time: 40 minutes
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 3 onions, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 red chillies, deseeded and chopped
- a pinch of saffron
- freshly ground salt and black pepper
- 2 x 410g tins canned chopped tomatoes
- 1 tbsp tomato purée
- 300 ml white wine
- 600 g new potatoes
- 500 g mixed prepared seafood, (mussels, prawns, scallops, clams)
- 1 kg fish fillets, (red mullet, John Dory, halibut, bream, bass, haddock, tuna, swordfish)
- a large bunch of flat leaf parsley, finely chopped
1. Heat the olive oil in a large heavy-based saucepan. Add the onions, garlic, chilli and saffron and season with salt and freshly ground pepper.
2. Cook gently for 10 minutes until the onion is softened.
3. Add the chopped tomatoes, tomato puree and white wine, bring to the boil, reduce the heat and simmer for 5 minutes.
4. Add the potatoes and simmer gently for 15 minutes.
5. Add the cleaned shellfish and then carefully lay the fish fillets on top. Cover with a lid and simmer for a further 10 minutes.
6. Just before serving add the chopped parsley. Serve in large open soup bowls, with plenty of finger bowls at the table.
Rate This Recipe