- Serves: 6
- Cook Time: 50 minutes plus 15 minutes resting
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 4 sprigs fresh rosemary
- 4 sprigs fresh thyme
- 4 garlic cloves, peeled
- 1 large chicken
1. Preheat the oven to 200C/180C fan/gas 6.
2. Blitz together the olive oil, rosemary, thyme and garlic cloves using a pestle and mortar or a hand-held blender until you get a smooth paste.
3. Slather the chicken in the herby, green, garlic paste, season with a generous pinch of salt and black pepper and then roast in the oven for 45-50 minutes. When the chicken is cooked through, the juices will run clear when a skewer is inserted into the thickest part of the thigh.
4. Remove the chicken from the oven and allow to rest for 15 minutes, covered in foil, before serving. Remember to save any juices that run off to use for other things, such as gravy.
Rate This Recipe