- Serves: 2
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Effort: easy
- oil, for frying
- 25 g butter
- 1 pair best end lamb cutlets, fat trimmed off
- 2 tbsp Cumberland sauce, such as English Provender Co. Cumberland sauce
- 50 g hazelnuts, chopped
For the sauté potatoes
- 50 g butter
- 200 g cooked new potatoes, sliced
- 2 tbsp chopped shallots
- handfuls rocket
- 2 tbsp mint sauce with balsamic vinegar, such as English Provender Co. mint sauce with balsamic vinegar
Tips and Suggestions
To make your own balsamic and mint sauce mix 1½tbsp of mint sauce with ½tsp balsamic vinegar.
1. Preheat the oven to 200C/180C fan/gas 4.
2. Heat the oil and add the butter. Seal the lamb all over until brown, lift out and leave to cool slightly.
3. Smear the lamb with Cumberland Sauce and dip into chopped hazelnuts. Put on an oven rack and roast for 12 minutes.
4. For the sauté potatoes: melt 50g butter in a frying pan and sauté the potatoes for 3 mins. Season and add chopped shallots, continuing to fry until soft.
5. Take lamb out of oven and leave to rest. Divide potatoes between 2 plates. Slice the lamb and lay on top.
6. To serve:toss the rocket in the mint sauce and vinegar mix and arrange on top of the lamb. Serve.
Rate This Recipe