- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Prep Time: 20 minutes plus overnight marinating
- Effort: easy
For the kebabs
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 3/4 tsp ground cumin
- 600 g diced lamb, preferably leg
For the salad
- 6 good quality ripe tomatoes, quartered, seeded and diced finely
- 2 spring onions, finely sliced
- 1 long pale green Turkish pepper, seeds removed and finely sliced
- 1 green chilli, finely diced, seeds removed or not depending on preference
- 1/2 cucumber, seeds scraped out, finely diced
- handful flat leaf parsley, chopped
- handful mint, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, finely minced with salt
- 1/2 lemon, juice only
- 4 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 100 g feta cheese, diced
- few leaves fresh oregano
- warm grilled flatbread
- pickled chillies
Tips and Suggestions
You can barbecue or grill the skewers instead of using a griddle pan - you can always tell when they're ready to be turned because they don't stick
1. Mix together the garlic, cumin and lamb, then leave to marinate at room temperature for a few hours, or overnight in the fridge.
2. Half an hour before you plan to eat, thread the lamb onto skewers and put a griddle pan on a high heat until smoking hot.
3. In a big mixing bowl, combine the tomatoes, onion, peppers, chilli, cucumber, herbs and garlic. Season with salt and pepper, squeeze over the lemon juice, drizzle over the oil and crumble over the feta. Sprinkle with oregano leaves.
4. Once the griddle is smoking hot, lay the kebabs on it. Turn once after 5-7 minutes.
5. After a further 5 minutes, remove the lamb from the heat and leave to rest for a couple of minutes over a bowl.
6. Serve the kebabs with warm flatbread, pickled chillies and salad.
Rate This Recipe