- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Effort: medium
- 700 g aubergines
- 1 small clove garlic, crushed
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3-4 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 1/2 tbsp tahini
- handful of parsley, chopped
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper, (optional)
- 1-2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil, (optional)
1. Place the aubergine on a skewer. Using a gas flame, hold the aubergine over the flame and cook until the whole skin is blackened and charred.
2. Transfer the aubergine to the sink, hold under cold running water and peel off the skin. Repeat the process if using more than one aubergine
3. Using a pestle and mortar, mash together the garlic and salt until it forms a paste.
4. Place the cooled, peeled aubergine in a food processor. Add the lemon juice and blend briefly until it forms a puree.
6. In a bowl mix together the aubergine puree and garlic paste. Mix in the tahini, blending well.
7. Garnish with the chopped parsley, sprinkle with cayenne pepper, drizzle over olive oil and serve.
Rate This Recipe