- Serves: Makes 15
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 200 g feta cheese, crumbled
- 1 egg
- 1/2 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- bunch of flat leaf parsley, finely chopped
- 1 packet of filo pastry
- 100 g butter, melted
1. Set the oven to 180°C/gas 4. Lightly grease a baking sheet. Mix the feta and egg together add the pepper and parsley and stir.
2. Lay the pastry on a floured work surface and brush one sheet with melted butter, lay another sheet on top and repeat. Cut the pastry into three.
3. Spoon the filing along one edge of each of the pastry rectangle, leaving room to fold the pastry in at each end.
4. Roll up into cigar shapes and lay on the prepared baking sheet. Repeat until all the ingredients are used up. Brush the boreks with butter and bake for about 15 minutes, until golden brown.
5. Serve them hot or cold, with a crisp white wine.
Rate This Recipe