- Serves: 6
- Cook Time: 40 minutes
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 2.8 litres vegetable stock, (home-made, shop-bought or made with a stock cube)
- 4 leeks, sliced
- 4 potatoes, peeled and chopped
- 75 g stilton cheese
- black pepper
- 150 ml single cream
- chopped parsley, to garnish
- crusty bread, to serve
1. In a large pan bring the stock to the boil. Add the leeks and potatoes. Return to the boil and cook over medium heat for 30 minutes.
2. Blend the soup until smooth in a jug blender or food processor or using a hand-blender. Crumble in the Stilton cheese and blend again.
3. Season the soup with salt and freshly ground pepper. Add the cream and blend until well-mixed.
4. Re-heat the soup until piping hot. Serve garnished with parsley with crusty bread on the side.
Rate This Recipe