- Serves: 10-12
- Cook Time: 35 minutes plus resting time
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Effort: easy
For the cake
- 180 ml vegetable oil
- 2 eggs
- 1 tbsp lemon rind, finely grated
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 280 g thick natural yogurt
- 385 g caster sugar
- 300 g self-raising flour
For the lemon frosting
- 120 g granulated sugar
- 60 ml lemon juice
1. Preheat oven to 180C/160C fan/gas 4.
2. Place the oil, eggs, rind, lemon juice, yogurt and sugar in a bowl and whisk to combine. Sift over the flour and stir until smooth.
3. Pour the mixture into a greased 24cm fluted ring tin and bake for 35 minutes or until cooked when tested with a skewer. While the cake is still hot remove from the tin and place on a plate.
4. To make the lemon frosting, gently stir together the sugar and lemon juice. Spoon over the cake and allow to set. Serve warm.
For more Donna Hay recipes and to view her range of cookery books, visit Donna Hay's website
Rate This Recipe