- Serves: 2
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Prep Time: 30 minutes plus soaking and marinating
- Effort: easy
For the skewers
- 4 stalks lemongrass
- 100 g monkfish fillets
- 100 g salmon
- 100 g tiger prawns
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil, for brushing
For the marinade
- 2 oranges, zests
- 1 limes, juice
- 3 tbsp light soy sauce
- 1 tbsp rice vinegar, or Mirin
- 1 red chillies, chopped
- 1 tsp sweet chilli sauce
- 1 tsp fish sauce
- 0.5 bunches chopped coriander
- 1 tbsp finely chopped ginger
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
For the noodles
- 0.5 packets egg noodles
- 4 tbsp sesame oil
- 3 tbsp soy sauce
- 0.5 bunches spring onions
- 1 fresh lime juice
- 20 g toasted sesame seeds
1. Peel outer leaves of lemongrass and trim to make the skewers 20cm long. Soak in water for 20 minutes.
2. Cut monkfish and salmon into 2.5cm cubes.
3. Peel the tiger prawns and remove the black vein from the back.
4. Remove the lemongrass skewers from the water and pat dry. Spike the seafood alternately onto the skewers and set aside in a deep roasting tray.
5. Mix all ingredients for the marinade in a bowl and pour over the skewers. Cover with cling film and marinate for 10 minutes, turn and marinate for a further 10 minutes.
6. Remove skewers from the marinade and pat lightly with kitchen towel. Drizzle with a little oil and cook on a hot char-grill for four to six minutes, brushing over excess marinade and turning occasionally.
7. Cook the egg noodles for 2 minutes in boiling salted water, and then drain very well.
8. Heat a wok until very hot and add the noodles, sesame oil and soy sauce and stir-fry for two minutes.
9. Stir in the spring onion and limejuice, and sprinkle over the sesame seeds.
10. Take a large serving plate, arrange noodles in the middle, arrange the lemon grass skewers on the top and serve immediately.
Rate This Recipe