- Serves: 6
- Cook Time: 1 minutes
- Prep Time: 30 minutes
- Effort: easy
- sunflower oil, for greasing
- 100 g raisins
- 4 tbsp rum
- 250 g medium egg noodles, or vermicelli
- 3 eggs
- 125 g caster sugar
- 75 g walnuts or almonds, coarsely chopped
- 1 orange, zest only
- 4 tart apples, such as Granny Smiths
- 1/2 lemon, juice only
1. Combine the raisins and rum in a mixing bowl and leave to soak. Preheat the oven to 180C/gas 4. Line a loaf tin with baking parchment and brush lightly with oil. Alternatively, lightly oil a baking dish and set aside.
2. In a pan of lightly salted water, boil the noodles until very tender.
3. Meanwhile, beat the eggs lightly with the sugar. Add the nuts, orange zest, and the soaked raisins together. When the noodles are done, drain them well and stir into the egg mixture.
4. Peel, core and coarsely grate or chop the apples, mixing them with the lemon juice so that they do not turn brown. Add the apples to the egg and noodle mixture, mix thoroughly, then pour into the prepared tin or baking dish.
5. Cover with foil and bake for about 50 minutes or until lightly browned on top.
Rate This Recipe