- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 2 minutes
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 tsp fennel seeds
- 225 g black or green olives, or a mixture, from a jar or can, drained
- 1 small lemon, finely grated zest and juice
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 tsp crushed dried red chillies, optional
- 4 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
1. Toast the cumin and fennel seeds in a small dry frying pan for 1-2 minutes until they become aromatic. Tip into a bowl and add the olives, lemon zest and juice, garlic, chillies (if using) and olive oil. Toss until each olive is well coated.
2. You can either drain off the excess liquid immediately and tip into serving bowls to serve, or leave the olives to marinate and allow the flavours to develop as long as time allows. The olives can be prepared up to one week in advance of serving and stored in a covered bowl in the fridge.
Rate This Recipe