- Serves: makes 36 mini puddings
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Prep Time: 25 minutes plus 1 hr setting time
- Effort: easy
- 100 g dark chocolate
- 100 g butter
- 2 tbsp golden syrup
- 200 g plain sweet biscuits, (eg. Digestives, Malted Milk)
- 50 g currants
For the icing
- 4-5 tbsp icing sugar
- glace cherries and angelica
1. Place the margarine, chocolate and golden syrup into a medium saucepan.
2. Melt on a very low heat, stirring occasionally with a wooden spoon. Do not let it boil.
3. Place half the biscuits into a large plastic freezer bag. Tie a knot in the top. Bash up the biscuits with the rolling pin until they are in little bits. Pour the bits into the mixing bowl.
4. Add the currants to the biscuit bits.
5. Remove the saucepan from the heat when the mixture has melted, and very carefully add this into the mixing bowl. Using a wooden spoon, mix everything together.
6. Wait for 10-15 minutes until the mixture has cooled slightly, then roll the mixture into little balls, about the size of a golf ball. Place into a petit four case.
7. Measure out the icing sugar, add a little water, one teaspoon at a time until you have thick icing. Spread a little icing on the top of each pudding. Decorate with a piece of glace cherry and angelica to look like holly and berries.
8. Place the finished mini puddings into the fridge for at least 1 hour.
Rate This Recipe