- Serves: 1
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 1 x 250 g portion monkfish, trimmed and bones removed
- chorizo, (dulce, raw), sliced 5mm thick slices
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 razor clams
- 3-4 mussels
- 2 tbsp canned chickpeas
- 1 sprigs thyme
- 5 cherry tomatoes
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 3 tbsp white wine
1. Season the monkfish with salt and pepper. Heat a frying pan with a drizzle of olive oil and sear on both sides for 1 minute, until coloured.
2. Make a parcel from a length of tinfoil by folding in half and crimping the sides, leaving one end open. Place the fish and the sliced chorizo inside.
3. Crush the clove of garlic with the flat of a knife and add to the parcel along with the clam, mussels, chickpeas and a sprig of thyme.
4. Slice the tomatoes in half and add to the parcel. Drizzle in the olive oil and white wine. Fold over the open end of the parcel several times to seal it closed.
5. Place the parcel in a hot, un-oiled pan. Once the parcel has puffed up, continue to cook it for 8 minutes. Remove the parcel from the heat.
6. To serve, cut open the parcel and serve as is, or arrange the contents on a serving plate.
Rate This Recipe