- Serves: 2-3
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 175 g button or closed-cup mushrooms, halved if large
- 1 lemon, juice only
- extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp crushed coriander seeds
- 2 bay leaves
- 3 large tomatoes, skinned, seeds removed, chopped (optional)
1. Brush the mushrooms with a little lemon juice.
2. Heat a film of oil in a large heavy-based frying pan over a low heat. Add the coriander seeds and fry for a few seconds, taking care they do not burn.
3. Add the mushrooms and bay leaves and season with salt and pepper. Raise the heat and fry for 1 minute. Then cover the pan and cook for another 2-5 minutes, but no longer. Add the tomatoes, if desired.
4. Pour the mushrooms with their cooking juices into a serving dish.
5. Sprinkle with fresh olive oil and lemon juice to taste. Serve hot or cold.
Rate This Recipe