- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 5 minutes
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 85 g brazil nuts
- 55 g sugar
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
Tips and Suggestions
You can use different types of nut (peanuts, almonds, etc) or add orange zest for a different flavour
1. Place the nuts in a food processor and blend into crumbs.
2. Melt the sugar in a saucepan over a low heat, then turn up the heat and cook until the sugar starts to become brown.
3. When the sugar has reached a nut-brown colour, tip in half the processed nuts and the lemon juice to stop it cooking.
4. Stir and immediately pour the caramel onto a greased baking sheet. Sprinkle with the rest of the brazil nuts and leave to set before breaking into pieces.
5. Serve with a dollop of ice cream.
Rate This Recipe