- Serves: 3
- Cook Time: 5 minutes
- Prep Time: 20 minutes plus chilling
- Effort: medium
- oil, for greasing
- 90 g ricotta cheese
- 80 g low-fat crème fraîche
- 2 tsp caster sugar
- finely grated zest and juice of 1 oranges
- 1 tsp powdered gelatine
- 1 egg white
- 150 g strawberries
Tips and Suggestions
Raw or lightly cooked eggs should not be served to young children, elderly people, invalids and pregnant women, because of the risk of salmonella poisoning.
1. Lightly grease three heart-shaped ramekins.
2. Tip the ricotta into a bowl and beat with a wooden spoon to soften. Mix in the crème fraîche, sugar and orange zest, beating well.
3. Place 2 teaspoonsful of the orange juice in a bowl. Sprinkle with the gelatine and leave for a minute or two for the gelatine to become spongy.
4. Place the bowl over a saucepan of hot water and stir until the gelatine has completely dissolved.
5. Quickly stir the gelatine into the ricotta mixture, mixing well.
6. Whisk the egg white into soft peaks and fold quickly into the mixture.
7. Spoon into ramekins and chill for about 3 hours until set.
8. Set aside three large strawberries to decorate. Put the rest of the strawberries in a food processor with the remaining orange juice. Whiz until smooth.
9. Pour the sauce onto serving plates. Turn out the hearts on top and decorate with the reserved strawberries.
Rate This Recipe