- Serves: 2
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Prep Time: 15 minutes plus 1 and a half hrs freezing
- Effort: hard
- 2 live lobster, 450g eachfrozen for 1 1/2 hours just prior to preparation
- 1 tbsp groundnut oil
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed with a little salt
- 05 cm ginger, grated
- 4 red chillies, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp sweet chilli sauce
- 4 tbsp tomato ketchup
- 300 ml chicken stock
- 1 tsp caster sugar
- 1 tsp cornflour
- 4 spring onions, sliced in 2.5cm pieces
- 3 tbsp chopped coriander
- boiled rice, to serve
1. Stretch the lobsters out lengthways, twist off the heads and remove the large claws. Chop each claw into three. Cut each tail into four. Split the heads in two lengthways, remove the gritty sacs and discard. Scrape the remaining head innards (the creamy substance and greenish liver (tomalley) into a bowl and set aside.
2. Heat a wok until very hot. Add the oil, heat through, and stir-fry the lobster pieces for about 5 minutes. Remove and set aside.
3. Drain most of the oil from the wok; place it back over a medium heat. Add garlic, ginger and chilli and stir-fry for 2 minutes, add chilli sauce, ketchup, chicken stock and sugar. Stir to combine.
4. Fold in the cornflour mix, bring to the boil and stir to thicken. Return the lobster to the sauce with the spring onion and coriander. Season to taste and serve with boiled rice.
Rate This Recipe