- Serves: 3
- Cook Time: 1 hour 40 minutes
- Prep Time: 10 minutes plus 30 mins resting
- Effort: easy
- 3 tbsp sukiyaki marinade
- 1 bunch of coriander
- 1 bunch of basil
- 2 tbsp sweet chilli sauce
- 2 red chillies
- 1 stalk of lemongrass, trimmed and chopped
- 1 tbsp sichuan peppercorns
- 3 ribs of beef, well marbled and with plenty of fat
1. Make a marinade by blending together the Sukiyaki marinade, coriander, basil, chilli sauce, chillies, lemon grass and Sichuan peppercorns into a paste, using a food processor.
2. Score the fat on the beef with a sharp knife and rub in the marinade.
3. Preheat the oven to 200ºC/Gas 6.
4. Heat a large, heavy-based frying pan. Sear the beef in the hot pan until browned on all sides.
5. Transfer the beef to a roasting tray and roast for 1 and a half hours.
6. Remove the beef from the oven, cover with foil and set aside to rest for 30 minutes before serving.
Rate This Recipe