- Serves: 2-3
- Cook Time: 8 minutes
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp finely chopped carrots
- 2 tbsp finely chopped onions
- 2 tbsp finely chopped celery
- 2 tbsp chopped smoked pancetta lardons
- 1 tsp thyme
- 1 clove garlic, thinly sliced
- 4 Charlotte potatoes, cut into 1cm pieces
- 100 ml milk
- 75 ml double cream
- 12 fresh oysters, freshly shucked and chopped, oyster liquor reserved
- 1 tbsp chopped flat leaf parsley
Tips and Suggestions
Each oyster has some flavoursome juice in its shell, so as you shuck them, be careful to collect this liquid to add and give extra flavour to the soup.
1. Heat the olive oil in a saucepan. Stir in the chopped carrot, onion and celery, pancetta, thyme and sliced garlic, then fry for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally, or until softened.
2. Meanwhile, drop the potatoes into a pan of boiling water and simmer for 4-5 minutes or until tender. Drain and set aside. Pour the oyster liquor from the shucked oysters along with the milk and cream into the pan with the vegetables, then tip in the potatoes.
3. Bring to a simmer, stir in the chopped oysters and parsley and simmer for a further 3 minutes. Check the seasoning and serve.
Rate This Recipe