- Serves: 2
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Prep Time: 15 minutes plus 1 hr soaking
- Effort: easy
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 5 medium raw black tiger prawns
- 30 g cooked shrimps
- 1 egg
- 165 g dried rice noodles, soaked in warm water for 1 hour then drained
- 1 1/2 tbsp fish sauce
- 2 tbsp rice vinegar, or Mirin
- 1/2 tbsp pickled turnips, rushed
- 1/2 tbsp salted peanuts, crushed
- 80 g bean sprouts
- 15 g chives, chopped
- 15 g carrots, shredded
- 1 1/2 tbsp sugar
- sprigs coriander
- wedge of limes
Tips and Suggestions
Visit a Chinese or Thai foodstore to find the pickled turnip. Rice noodles and fish sauce can be found in these shops or Western supermarkets.
1. Heat a wok over a high heat. Add in the vegetable oil and heat through.
2. Add in the tiger prawns and stir-fry for 2-3 minutes.
3. Add in the shrimps and egg. Stir-fry for 2 minutes until the egg is cooked.
4. Add in the rice noodles, fish sauce and vinegar and stir-fry, making sure the ingredients in the wok are well-mixed.
5. Add in the pickled turnip, salted peanuts, bean sprouts, chives, carrots and stir-fry until the bean sprouts and carrot are just tender, around 2-3 minutes.
6. Sprinkle over the sugar and stir-fry for 1 minute.
7. Serve at once, garnished with the coriander leaves and lime wedge.
Rate This Recipe