- Serves: 2
- Cook Time: 35 minutes
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 125 g long grain rice
- pinches strands saffron
- 1 chicken stock cube
- 2-3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 red pepper, seeded and sliced
- 1 Spanish onion, sliced
- knob of butter
- 1 chicken breast, roughly cubed
- 100 g spicy chorizo sausages, skin removed and thickly sliced
- handfuls Padron peppers, stalks removed, halved lengthways
- 1 tbsp smoked paprika
- splashes white wine
- handfuls flat-leaf parsley, roughly chopped
- squeeze lemon juice
1. Boil the rice with the saffron and stock cube for 15 minutes, or until just tender. Drain well.
2. Meanwhile, heat the olive oil in a large pan. Add the peppers, onion and a knob of butter and cook for about 3 minutes. Add the chicken and chorizo and cook for 15 minutes until the onions are very soft and golden and the chicken is cooked through.
3. Add the pardon peppers and the paprika and cook for a minute then add the wine and cook for a minute more.
4. Stir in the cooked rice and the parsley and check for the seasoning. Sharpen with a squeeze of lemon juice and serve.
Rate This Recipe