- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Prep Time: 25 minutes
- Effort: medium
- 4 tbsp caster sugar
- 300 ml double cream
- 300 ml milk
- 1 vanilla pod
- 170 g mascarpone
- 30 ml marsala
- 2 tsp powdered gelatine
For the fruits of the forest compote:
- 100 g caster sugar
- 50 ml water
- zest of 1 limes, finely grated
- 2 fresh sprigs mint
- 150 g fruits of the forest
1. Simmer the caster sugar, cream, milk and vanilla pod in a non-stick pan for 5-8 minutes, stirring occasionally. Remove the vanilla pod, rinse clean and store to use again.
2. Remove the pan from the heat and whisk the marscapone into the hot cream.
3. Pour the Marsala wine into a bowl and stir in the gelatine. Set aside to soften for 5 minutes.
4. Then sit the bowl over boiling water and stir until the gelatine has dissolved. Mix the gelatine mixture into the warm cream.
5. Using sunflower oil, lightly oil four 200ml ramekin dishes or glass pots and pour in the cream mixture.
6. Cool, cover and chill for at least 3 hours or overnight.
7. About 30 minutes before serving, make the fruit compote. Dissolve the sugar in the water in a pan over low heat, then boil for 1 minute.
8. Remove from direct heat and allow the syrup to cool for 5 minutes before adding the lime zest and juice, mint and fruits of the forest. Leave to cool.
9. To turn out the panna cottas, dip each ramekin in a bowl of hot water for 30 seconds and turn on to serving plates or bowls, giving them a good shake to release.
10. Discard the mint sprigs from the fruit compote and then spoon the fruits and syrup around the panna cottas to serve.
Rate This Recipe