- Serves: 6
- Cook Time: 5 minutes
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 400 g day-old loaf of bread
- bunch spring onions, finely sliced
- 250 g tomatoes, chopped
- 1/2 clove garlic, peeled, crushed
- bunch basil, roughly torn
- 150 ml first press rapeseed oil
- 400 ml water
- 100 ml white wine vinegar
- large pinch salt
- 300 g mixed salad leaves
1. Chop the bread into 2cm/1in cubes, then toast in a dry pan for 3-4 minutes, or until golden-brown all over. Set aside to cool.
2. In a bowl mix together the spring onions, tomatoes, garlic and fresh basil. Drizzle over the rapeseed oil and toss to coat.
3. In a small bowl, whisk together the water, white wine vinegar and a pinch of salt. Dip the toasted bread cubes in the mixture to soak briefly, then remove with a slotted spoon and add to the tomato salad. Mix well, then fold in the salad leaves and serve.
Rate This Recipe