- Serves: 2 as a starter, 1 as a main
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 medium shallot, finely sliced
- 250 g fresh peas, (or frozen if not available)
- 5 sage leaves
- 1/2 litres vegetable stock
- 1 tbsp crème fraîche
- 1 tbsp blanched flaked almonds
- curls of orange rind
1. Heat the olive oil and fry the onions until soft, but not coloured. Add the peas and sage leaves and cook for a further 5 minutes.
2. Pour in the stock, bring to the boil and simmer gently for 10 minutes.
3. Remove from the heat, transfer the mixture to a blender and liquidise until smooth.
4. Serve the soup with a swirl of crème fraiche, garnished with the flaked almonds and orange rind.
Rate This Recipe