- Serves: Serves 4 as a starter
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Prep Time: 25 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 250 g penne
- freshly ground salt and black pepper
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 175 g pancetta, finely diced
- 5 egg yolks
- 150 ml double cream
- 100 g parmesan, half finely grated, half as shavings
- 34 tbsp chopped parsley
1. Cook the penne in a large saucepan of salted boiling water for about 8-10 minutes, or according to the packet instructions, until just tender. Drain.
2. Meanwhile, heat 1 tbsp of the oil in a frying pan, add the pancetta and fry until crisp.
3. In a large bowl, beat the egg yolks with the cream and grated Parmesan. Season well with freshly ground pepper. Add the chopped parsley.
4. Add the freshly drained pasta to the egg yolk mixture, together with the remaining oil, the grated Parmesan and the fried pancetta. Toss together immediately. Season to taste with sea salt and frehsly ground pepper. Transfer to a warmed serving bowl. Top with the Parmesan shavings and serve at once.
Rate This Recipe