- Serves: makes about 15
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 450 g plain flour
- 1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- ½ tsp salt
- 3 tbsp chopped fresh thyme, parsley or chives
- 3 tbsp chopped black olive
- 3 tbsp chopped sun-dried tomatoes
- 150 g feta cheese, crumbled
- 350-420 ml sour milk or buttermilk
- pesto, for spreading
1. Preheat oven to 230°C/200°C fan/Gas 8. Sieve all the dry ingredients. Mix in the fresh chopped thyme, olives and sundried tomatoes. Making a well in the centre, pour in most of the sour milk and mix to a soft dough. If more milk is needed, add now. When mixed, turn out on to a floured surface. Flatten slightly.
2. Using your rolling pin, roll out in a rectangular shape to about 1cm in height.
Spread the pesto over the top, sprinkle the feta cheese and roll the dough up (like a Swiss roll).
3. It is possible to bake the dough like this to form a spiral loaf. Otherwise, cut into slices of about 2cm/2½ cm. Lie flat on a floured baking tray and flatten slightly by hand.
4. Bake for 10-15 minutes approximately. Baking time depends on the size of pinwheels cut. They should be firm to touch and golden brown in colour.
Rate This Recipe