- Serves: 4-6
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Prep Time: 30 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 15 slices streaky bacon
- 12 chipolata sausages
- 18 prunes, cut open and opened out
- 150 g fig and nut cream cheese, such as Boursin
- 100 ml soured cream
- ½ lemons, juice only
- 1 tbsp parsley, coarsley chopped
- fresh sprigs thyme, to decorate
1. Preheat the oven to 200C/180C fan/gas 6. Cut 6 rashers of the bacon in half lengthways and wrap one slice around a chipolata securing with a long bamboo stick. Place on a lightly oiled baking sheet.
2. Divide half the cream cheese between the prunes and roll up to enclose filling. Cut the remaining bacon in half (lengthways and widthways) and use 2 strips to wrap round each prune. Secure with a cocktail stick and place on a baking sheet.
3. Bake the chipolatas for 10 minutes. Then add the prunes and bake for a further 10 minutes, until bacon is crisp and golden. Remove from the oven and allow to stand for 10 minutes.
4. Meanwhile, mix together the remaining cream cheese, soured cream, lemon juice and parsley. Season well. Spoon into a serving bowl and garnish with the thyme.
5. Arrange chipolatas and prunes on a warm serving plate and serve with the dip.
Rate This Recipe